Wednesday, February 24, 2010

'Hearing God' by Dallas Willard

Okay, so I've finally decided to start blogging again. I know. Crazy. It's been a while since I've written anything significant. So I thought I would start back with some thoughts on the most recent book I've been reading. My mentor, Clay Anderson, handed me a book last Thursday night after dinner at his house called 'Hearing God' by Dallas Willard. First, Willard is a fantastic author and an amazing mind. Second, he is way smarter than I am. I am so thankful that at the end of his chapters he has a number of questions that make you reexamine everything you've just read. So over the next few months I'll be diving into this book and answering the questions on this blog. I don't exactly have the smartest views of these things, but he does make me think; and aren't blogs supposed to be filled with personal opinions anyways? I've been reading the book for almost a week and have read the first chapter three times. I know. Wow. So each day I think I'll post my response to a single question posed by Willard, which means if you're tracking this right, it'll only make it about a chapter a week. So nine weeks of blogging about a single book. Now that's a wow statement.

No comments: