Monday, November 8, 2010

Learning to Lead

It's crazy to think that after three years of working for a leadership training organization, I'm still learning how to lead. In the last three years of working for LeaderTreks, I have been pushed and challenged towards growth and excellence, and have learned so much about leading. Yet, so many times I still find myself learning how to lead. It's sobering to me, and hard to swallow. It's hard to admit I need help when I am so often the one giving advice to others. And it's hard to accept I have so much to learn about leading when I thought I had learned so much already.

Today I was reminded about the deep significance of mentoring. But not just life mentoring. I need a leadership mentor. I need someone to walk with me along the path of leadership, empowering me to step forward in faith, pushing me to greatness. I'm so thankful for the people I work with and for their desire to mentor me in my leadership. I'm excited for how God will use this in me and in the Kingdom.

No comments: